Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Vanity Calamity...

It's over people. I have finished. The project that started with an abrupt crash and burn has been resurrected and the results are awesome- if I do say so myself ;)

A couple of weeks ago I had attempted to sand down and stain our hallway bathroom vanity.... and it did not work out so well (as I wrote about in a previous post). So after sitting on the idea for a while I decided to paint it. I picked out a rich coffee color (Roasted Coffee by Valspar to be exact) and set to work over the weekend.

Here's a reminder of what the vanity looked like on move-in day:
This is what all of the wood looked like throughout our house... the kitchen, both bathroom vanities and the hallway cabinets. We just wanted to update it all and make it more bold with rich color.

Here's a "during" shot of the cabinets....
And finally, here's the after with the new hardware put on:
Before, none of the cabinets in the house had any hardware on it except for the hinges (which aren't pretty). Slowly but surely I hope to fix this. Without hardware, I'm always hurting myself and breaking/bending fingernails when I try to pull the drawers open! Ouch.

Here's a close-up of the purdy new hardware I got complete with new brushed nickel hinges to replace the old, ugly brass ones:
I think it looks so awesome! It really is amazing what a coat of paint can do. I've already slapped up the swatch of the same color in the master bathroom to see if I can use the same paint on that vanity! But I have to be careful not to get ahead of myself. I want to finish one project before I move on- that way I don't have a bunch of half finished projects around the house.

That being said, next weekend I hope to get the bathroom walls painted.... then all that's left is putting up the new light fixture (which has been sitting behind our couch in a box for a few weeks now) and raise the shower curtain.

(Note to self: buy extra long shower curtain).

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks awesome Linds! I want to do our bathrooms too, maybe you can give me some tips! :)

    ReplyDelete