Monday, March 7, 2011

Fountain Mist

That's the name of the paint that I finally settled on! Phew- I went through a lot of different ideas when it came to paint. I went from greens to grays to blues and I finally settled on a brighter version of anything that I had originally looked at.

Why the change of heart? Well, paint is the least expensive way to update or upgrade any space in your home and I though that I could take a leap of faith and do something a little outside of my comfort zone. If all else fails and it looks terrible- I could just spend $20 on another gallon of paint and redo it again. Luckily, that won't be necessary! :)

Here's a reminder of what the bathroom looked like before I painted:
BLAH! Everything is white- but so was everything in this house when we moved in. But I'm sure it's better to be working with a blank slate than if we had bought a house with horrific (and hard to cover) paint colors and crazy decorating.

Here's what it looked like after I started painting all the nooks and crannies. I had to remove the medicine cabinet to get into the nook between the cabinet and the mirror. I just couldn't get my 1.5" angled brush back there without making a mess.
Also, notice that I didn't tape anything off. This might explain how this process took me two days to do two coats but I couldn't be happier with the results. When I was doing the rest of the house I taped everything off only to find that some paint still managed to bleed under there anyway.... so this way took longer but I think I'll be sticking with this technique with any future painting projects.

But, without further ado- here is the big reveal of our new beautiful bathroom:
I did my little happy dance when it was all completed and put back together- much like I did after I finished the vanity. Oh, we can't forget a close up of our new beautiful light fixture:Bye bye inexpensive, energy hog, make-up lighting! I LOVE our new fixture! So classy!

The bathroom still isn't completely done yet though. I ordered a new 96" extra long shower curtain and I plan on raising the shower curtain bar all the way up to the ceiling when it arrives. I'm still on the hunt for some inexpensive but still nice bathroom mats to go with the new decor. Who would have thought that bath mats would be so pricey! But they are! I also want to replace the toilet seat with one of those new "no-slam" toilet seats. I won't bother with posting pictures of that venture though- I really doubt anyone is interested in seeing me replace a toilet lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment