Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bye Bye Shower Doors

Ever since we bought our house I haven't been the biggest fan of the shower doors in the bathrooms. In the master bathroom the doors are necessary since there is no bathtub (so we can't just whip on a shower curtain), but in the hallway bathroom that wasn't the case. The doors are in good working order and everything- they just aren't our style.
I tried using a razor blade to scrape off the flower designs to see if that would make it more appealing- but those things just didn't want to come off. So we've been living with the bathroom as is for now.
Until today.... I was struck with a burst of energy and the need to get rid of those things pronto! They aren't pretty (not to us anyway) and they just kind of get in the way. They make it harder to clean, they make the space feel closed in, not to mention how many times I have bruised my foot on the outside of the tub because I didn't account for the extra couple inches that the slider requires for clearance. So I got to work and removed the door.
All in all it only took me about an hour. I've still got some goo-removal to do and I need to get some caulking to fill the screw holes on the sides but it feels so much better now! Plus, I won't kick the darn door anymore (added bonus).
It may not look so picturesque at the moment- but with a new coat of paint going on soon it'll make a world of difference. I've attached a copy of some of the paint swatches that are up on the wall now- that will be the next big project :)

3 comments:

  1. Also... I think you should frame the mirror with some crown molding or just get rid of it and buy a framed mirror from home goods (marshalls) type store. Should be as fancy as a new bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! I love framed mirrors! Good job with the door! Looks good!!

    ReplyDelete