Friday, October 1, 2010

Frame the Date

A couple of weeks ago I made a little diy art project for our wedding anniversary- I framed the date :) I had used an old frame that I had that was a little beat up, some card stock and some stickers to make it all happen. When I finished I had something that looked like this:But- after looking at it for a couple of days and not quite knowing where I wanted to put it- I got to thinking that maybe black isn't the best color to showcase our wedding date. The white part of the frame is about 8 years old now and not quite as white as it used to be so I decided to paint it silver to match the accent on the cardstock. Next, since the black frame itself was beat up and had some chips in it that needed touching up I decided to go with a complete overhaul and just paint the thing a clean, crisp white. This is how it ended up looking:

I thought that with the new color scheme that it would look really nice in our hallway with our monograms and cardstock art. But the new dilemma? The frame is too small and the wall still looks kind of naked. My solution? Wallflowers!Now the wall has a little bit of pop and a lot more personality. Yay for a fun wall! I have some leftover wallflowers too so hopefully I'll be able to coordinate them with other projects coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment