Monday, September 13, 2010

Homemade Artwork- On the Cheap

Let's start out by saying that I get bored when I look at the same four walls day in and day out. When I was in high school it felt like I was rearranging my room every week just so that I can look at something new and exciting. As an adult, not much has changed- I still like to change things up but I have been unable to do it as much because when you want to redecorate a whole house... well, that takes a lot of moolah. As a result, I've been looking at the same furniture, the same pictures, etc since I turned 18. I decided that with a new house, comes a new look- but I gotta find a way to do it on the cheap.

My solution? Lots of smaller, less expensive, and homemade artwork as opposed to the giant pictures and frames that we had been using before. I have recently discovered these great shadowbox picture frames which come in an array of sizes and look great clustered together. With the shadowboxes I also discovered patterned cardstock. I found a new love! It's so easy to just frame, add a little something to decorate or just leave the print as the framed art. Check out the things that I made for our hallway.

I made these monograms for our hallway leading into our bedroom. All it took was some pretty cardstock and some white letters that I found at a craft store!
These next two are just some of the fun cardstock that I found put into a shadowbox frame. And since cardstock comes w/ so many different patterns and designs it'll be easy for me to change it up when I get bored!

No comments:

Post a Comment