Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Our First Monsoon

Thomas was just talking to me about how this has been a dry season for Phoenix. We've heard a lot about monsoon season and how crazy it is but we really hadn't experienced much of it. We had gotten a little bit of rain and some thunder/lightning... but it was kind of around us.... not close by.

Well, today we got a monsoon. It was incredible. I was working in the front yard on my little solar lighting project along the walkway. The weather was hot (hot enough that I had to take frequent breaks) and the sky was clear. We had talked about how picturesque the day was just a few hours earlier. All of a sudden (and I mean suddenly!) the sky was dark gray and rumbling! I thought nothing of it at first... but it got crazy quick! I started to see cracks of lightning right overhead! I had to go out back to call Thomas into the house because he was cleaning out the pool with the giant metal rod!

Within minutes, it was a full blown crazy monsoon! Pouring rain, incredible wind, roaring thunder and blinding lightning. I opened all the blinds in the house so that we could see at every angle.

I love this weather. I even went outside several times to shoot video (I knew I wouldn't be able to catch the lightning with a still camera).

Anyway, that's today's big adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment